Friday, September 01, 2000

The Afterlife Codes: Searching for Evidence of the Survival of the Soul

by Susy Smith, Gary E. R. Schwartz, Linda G. S. Russek

Susy Smith's thirtieth book contains more of the profoundly inspirational knowledge about life after death that she has received over the years from her mother and her spirit colleagues. Through the Survival Research Foundation and the Susy Smith Project at the University of Arizona, Smith hopes to scientifically prove that consciousness survives after physical death. She relives her years of awakening to a strong belief in life after death, and her psychic research spanning four decades of growing knowledge and changing attitudes about this controversial field.

From the Author
“The Afterlife Codes”, my 30th book, tells of the adventures I’ve had that have convinced me of the reality of my communication with the spirits of my mother and others. This all started in 1955 when I was an agnostic newspaperwoman who didn’t believe in anything much. One Sunday afternoon, I had the sudden heartwarming feeling that my mother, who had been dead seven years, was standing beside me, hugging me. I experienced her presence so strongly that I said aloud, “Mother, if there is any possible chance that you might still be alive somewhere, I am going to spend the rest of my life trying to prove it.” Now, I know that many people have feelings of the presence of someone they love who has died. But besides cherishing this, I did something about it. For the 45 years since then, I have been investigating every aspect of the supernormal. Although not a scientist, I endeavored to provide objective and critical appraisals of my every experience with the unseen, to help convince myself as well as others who required documentation.
I wrote about my experiences, lectured throughout the U.S., traveled abroad, and in 1971 in Tucson, Arizona, I established the Survival Research Foundation to try to demonstrate scientifically the conscious survival of the human spirit after death. The idea of the afterlife codes originated then, and my newest (possibly final? I’m now 89 years old) book tells my story of how they came about. My sense of humor keeps the account lively and enjoyable despite the effort I’ve expended to write only about material that has brought me evidence.

This is a fun book, as well as a bit spooky. It has been an exciting life, and I’ve tried not to leave out anything really interesting – oh, except maybe sex and stuff like that.

Paperback: 243 pages
Publisher: Hampton Roads Publishing Company (September 1, 2000)
ISBN: 1571741917
Dimensions: 8.5 x 5.5 x 0.8 inches




Have you read this title or do you use it in your research? Better yet, did you write it? Share your thoughts or review this book below.





0 Comments from Readers:

Post a Comment

<< Home